EPX members know the U.S. builder market. They understand the challenges builders face. And they have the expertise, knowledge and experience required to address builders’ needs when it comes to building energy efficient homes. EPX members are able to claim an industry leadership role that no other organization can. Several members are accredited training providers of the Residential Energy Services Network (RESNET), and have participated in the development of national energy efficiency code standards – lending credibility and substance to EPX’s assertion that, as an organization, it not just meets but exceeds industry standards.
Brief descriptions of each EPX member are below, along with a listing of awards they have received and committees in which they actively participate.
- EnergyLogic, Inc.
- American Energy Advisors
- Building Energy, Inc.
- Building Knowledge Canada, Inc.
- Clean Efficient Energy Company
- D.R. Wastchak
- Duct Testers
- Energy Diagnostics
- Green Building Consulting
- Green Zone Home
- MaGrann Associates
- SK Collaborative
- Southern Energy Management
- Sustainable Energy Analytics, LLC
EnergyLogic, Inc. is a building consulting company that provides expert resources, education and support to new home builders and energy raters involved in the construction of high-performance homes. The company also serves as a resource to other organizations that are influential in creating energy efficient housing across America, including industry associations, construction and building professionals, utility companies, government code officials, state energy offices and real estate professionals.
All of EnergyLogic’s products and services serve to advance and apply “building science” – the science of understanding how physical phenomena affect the home, and how its performance can be optimized – in new home construction. EnergyLogic’s interconnected offerings include a stringent home energy rating system designed to mitigate builder risk; HERS (Home Energy Rating System) rater services and oversight; DASH, an enterprise software system to help raters organize and centralize their business and field operations; and EnergyLogic Academy, a training program offering classroom/field training and e-learning for industry newcomers and professionals alike.
Connected with the latest industry research, science laboratories and technological advances in the building science arena, EnergyLogic is an industry-wide resource known for its expertise in applied building science. EnergyLogic marries these innovations with its own field-tested knowledge to pilot and curate experiences and tools that it shares with home builders and energy raters.
- EPA ENERGY STAR Market Leader Award 2016
- EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence 2016
- EPA ENERGY STAR Certified Homes Leadership in Housing award in 2014
- EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year award for 2014
- DOE Challenge Home Verifier Award in 2014
- DOE Challenge Home Housing Innovation Grand Winner (with New Town Builders) in 2013
- EPA ENERGY STAR Certified Homes Leadership in Housing award in 2013
- EPA ENERGY STAR’s Partner of the Year Award for 2013
- EnergyLogic listed #3397 in Inc. 5000 for 2013
- EPA ENERGY STAR’s Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence 2012
- EnergyLogic listed #2626 in Inc. 5000 for 2012
- EPA ENERGY STAR Sustained Excellence award for EnergyLogic in 2011
- Finalist in the 2011 Bill Daniels Ethics in Business award
- A ‘Colorado Companies to Watch’ winner in 2011
- 2010 Environmental Stewardship Award from the Larimer County Commissioners/Environmental Advisory Board
- EnergyLogic #6 in the 2010 Northern Colorado Business Report’s Mercury 100 List
- EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year in 2010
- Berthoud Area Chamber of Commerce 2010 Business of the Year
- EnergyLogic #4 in Northern Colorado Business Report’s Mercury 100 List in 2009
- EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year 2009
- EnergyLogic #8 in Northern Colorado Business Report’s Mercury 100 List 2008
- DASH (iRate) and EnergyLogic win RESNET Industry Innovation Leadership award at the 2008 RESNET Conference
- EnergyLogic #22 in Northern Colorado Business Report’s Mercury 100 List in 2007
- Steve Byers, Principal of EnergyLogic, receives Emerging Entrepreneur award in 2007
Boards & Committees:
- Energy Efficiency Business Coalition Board of Directors
- Colorado Springs Home Builders Association
- Denver Home Builders Association
- Northern Colorado Home Builders Association
- International Code Council Colorado Chapter
- RESNET Board of Directors
- RESNET QA Committee
- RESNET Training & Education Committee
American Energy Advisors (AEA) was founded in 2009 with headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska. AEA is the Midwest’s fastest growing home performance solutions company that has developed long-term personal relationships with home builders, home owners, designers, utility companies, state and local code officials and energy efficiency programs throughout the Midwest. AEA helps builders that care about quality, build better homes cost effectively and help consumers make informed investment decisions about upgrading their homes. AEA is the Midwest’s leader in home performance testing, home performance training, and HVAC design and installation, and will expand in the next three years to be the leader in smart house technology design and installation, and site generation design and installation.
- 2012 ENERGY STAR for Homes Leadership in Homes Award
Boards & Committees:
- Nebraska State Energy Office Codes Collaborative
- Continuing Education Unit Certified Trainer
Located in Southern Idaho, Building Energy, Inc. is an energy services company that provides sustainable design/modeling, consulting and independent energy ratings, audits and certification of single and multifamily residences and commercial buildings. Building Energy is focused on forming partner-based relationships with builder and developer clients that are committed to constructing buildings that cost less to operate, are more comfortable to live and work in, and reduce the carbon footprint.
The company was founded by Ingo Stroup in 2002 and has become one of the largest rating companies in the Northwest. Mr. Stroup has been involved in the building science industry for over 30 years, including several years as a senior energy consultant for the state of Idaho. He was one of the active participants in establishing ENERGY STAR in Idaho and has a comprehensive understanding of building performance and efficiency measures.
Mr. Stroup’s passion for sustainability and dedication to building performance has translated into Building Energy becoming a leading energy services provider in this region. Employees of the company are knowledgeable and participate in ongoing training and certification. They deliver outstanding service to building professionals that are dedicated to energy efficient, sustainable building practices.
Most recently, Building Energy has been instrumental in introducing the HERS Index to the residential building community in Idaho. The Home Energy Rating System (HERS) is prevalent in the majority of the U.S. and is an effective tool for builders to illustrate the depth of energy efficiency in the homes they build.
Closely monitoring national trends and bringing that information to clients is just one of the characteristics that sets Building Energy apart. The company also provides marketing materials and realtor/trade training opportunities to assist in an informed and consistent product and message. Building Energy is focused on developing and solidifying an innovative and collaborative climate in every aspect of their energy services.
- 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 EPA ENERGY STAR for Homes Leadership in Housing award
- 2012 Most Innovative Verifier of the Year award – Northwest ENERGY STAR
- 2014 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year award
Building Knowledge Canada
Our mission is to improve the performance, quality, comfort, durability, and energy efficiency of homes across Canada. Working with the industry since 1986, Building Knowledge Canada now serves over 150 home builders across Canada and in locations throughout the United States. Growing from a solid background in building science, energy efficiency consulting, and HVAC product support, Building Knowledge Canada has expanded its services to include:
- energy efficiency design development, performance modeling and program certifications
- building performance diagnostics
- e-training and program development for residential industry partners (i.e. builders, manufacturers, utilities and trade contractors) addressing the latest sales & marketing techniques, building standards, and homeowner expectations & trends
An early proponent of energy efficient technologies, certifications, and standards, Building Knowledge Canada built on its expertise in the R-2000 energy efficient homes program helping builders and industry partners to easily achieve the high performance standard set by the Canadian programs. Today, as one of Canada’s largest Evaluators of ENERGY STAR® for New Homes and LEED for New Homes™, Building Knowledge Canada has helped builder clients achieve their desired building performance goals.
The Building Knowledge Canada team includes building science professionals, engineers, and building performance experts. Our technicians have exceptional hands-on skill in identifying—and solving—problems in modern homes related to energy efficiency, heating/cooling, ventilation, and moisture control. Using state-of-the-art diagnostic tools, we can accurately measure airflows, pressures, temperature, and humidity. Then through experienced analysis, we uncover the root of problems and recommend cost-effective, reliable solutions.
Clean Efficient Energy Company
Clean Efficient Energy Company, LLC (CEEC) is an independent third-party design, verification and consulting firm that counsels and advises more than 60 builders in Kansas and Missouri about transitioning to clean energy efficiently. The company is based in Overland Park, Kansas and was founded by Rick Jenkins in 2006.
CEEC’s mission is to encourage humanity’s transition to a more healthy and sustainable future by reducing residential loads and substituting dirty fuel with cleaner fuels. That means maintaining the country’s technologies, lifestyles, and comfort levels at a lower cost using fuels that have less harmful “side effects.”
Most of CEEC’s work is focused on new and existing home energy efficiency consulting. The company works with architects and designers on ensuring that plans built will meet different energy code requirements, such as ENERGY STAR or NAHB Green Verification. Most often, CEEC’s work requires three steps: 1) Plan review to ensure all energy efficiency standards are satisfied in the specs of the plans, 2) Rough inspection after insulation and HVAC are installed, ensuring correct installation of ductwork and insulation before drywall is installed, and 3) Final inspection, including a blower door test and a duct blaster test for leakage elimination.
Since 2012, CEEC has performed work in Kansas City, Kansas for City Vision Ministries, Community Housing of Wyandotte County, Mount Carmel Redevelopment Corporation and Heartland Habitat for Humanity. It has also worked with Bickimer Construction Company and Mallard Homes, as well as many individual home owners throughout the Kansas City metropolitan area and Lawrence.
Jenkins was one of the first ENERGY STAR 3 verified raters in the country. He became certified to install solar electric panels and wind turbines in 2007, and became an accredited RESNET energy rater in January 2008, an NAHB green verifier in July 2008, and a Building Performance Institute certified building analyst in January 2009.
Boards & Committees:
- Building Performance Institute
- Kansas City Home Builders Association
- Lawrence Home Builders Association
The team at D.R. Wastchak, LLC (DRW) has been providing support for the Environmental Protection Agency’s ENERGY STAR for Homes program in the Phoenix market since 1999, labeling over 58,000 homes as ENERGY STAR through 2013. DRW also provides LEED for Homes, IECC and Low Income Housing Tax Credit services for single and multifamily projects, consulting and training for home builders and homeowners on proper building techniques in accordance with building science principles, and forensic evaluations of homes to determine the sources of comfort, health, and house performance problems.
In recognition of its achievements in promoting ENERGY STAR, assisting builders to build energy efficient homes, and raising the standards of construction in the Phoenix market, DRW has received the EPA’s national “Partner of the Year” award as well as the “Spirit of Enterprise” award for business innovation from the W.P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University. D.R. Wastchak is a member of the Residential Energy Services Network (RESNET), U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), and the Home Builders Association of Central Arizona.
- US EPA National ENERGY STAR “Partner of The Year” award in 2000, 2002, 2004, 2012, 2014
- “Spirit of Enterprise” award for business innovation from the W.P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University in 2003
Boards & Committees:
- Residential Energy Services Network (RESNET) Board of Directors
- RESNET Quality Assurance Committee and Strategic Positioning Task Force
- RESNET Quality Improvement Working Group
- Energy & Environmental Building Alliance (EEBA) Board of Directors
- Arizona State Energy Code Advisory Commission
(information coming soon)
Energy Diagnostics, Inc. has been a leading expert in the energy industry for over 23 years. Founded when energy usage and conservation awareness was just beginning to emerge, Energy Diagnostics, Inc. has been an influential entity that has helped shape this now rapidly growing market of energy ratings, both commercial and residential. Over the past 23 years, we have built and maintained a reputation that reflects our commitment to accuracy, efficiency, and accountability for the work we put forth. The services that Energy Diagnostics, Inc. provide continue to be highly sought after, and our expertise in this field is unrivaled.
Energy Diagnostics, Inc. is one of the top 10 companies nationwide to provide NGBS Green and EPA Energy Star Certifications. We have completed over 30,000 Energy Star and HERS certifications to date. Our company worked to design and provide the first NGBS Green certification for a development, located in Burns Harbor, IN. Energy Diagnostics, Inc. has been commissioned to do IECC code trainings in Michigan, Illinois, and Indiana, for builders, code officials, and other contractors. We have joined forces with the HBA of Chicago, as well as Indiana’s IBA, as their premier code trainers. Energy Diagnostics Inc. has a client base as dynamic as we are; we service the largest national home builders, down to the smallest local contractor, and everyone in between. We work with utility companies, architects, developers, state agencies, local municipalities, and HVAC contractors.
We provide services nationwide, but focus our attention to the Indiana, Michigan, and Illinois regions. The principles of the company are Jerry and Karen Thatcher.
Our exceptional staff of 25 has the experience and credentials to facilitate a multitude of services, including:
- IECC Code Compliance
- EPA Energy Star Certification
- NGBS Green Certification
- IECC Code Training
- Retrofit Audits, ASHRAE Audits
- LEED-H Certification
- RESENT HERS Ratings
- Home Energy Audits
- HVAC Design Engineering
- IHCDA Utility Allowances
- State Commissioned QAP & VOA Multi-Family Verifications
- Energy Star HVAC Contractor Training
- ICC Energy Code Plan Reviewer/Inspector
- RESNET certified Training Provider and training facility
- RESNET QAD certified
- 2015 NGBS Green Partner of Excellence – Chris Schwarkopf
- ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Award 2016
- Common Wealth Edison – Nicor Gas Utility companies Rater of the Year for New Construction programs June 2 2014
- NGBS ( National Green Building Standard ) Green Partner of Excellence
- Home Innovation award. 2013
- IBA ( Indiana Builders Association ) Presidential Award 2013
- NAHB Green Partner of the Year 2012
- EPA Energy Star Partner of the Year Award 2011
- EPA Energy Labeled Homes Outstanding Achievement Award 2002 thru last year.
- RESNET –Market Transformation Award 2008
Green Building Consulting
Green Building Consulting (GBC) is the technical advisor for project teams in search of goal-oriented solutions to improving a structure’s comfort, safety, indoor air quality, energy efficiency and long term cost of ownership. GBC accomplishes this through a consultative approach that allows us to partner with the client on their search for high performance building education, analysis, design and/or certification. Our clients can include the owner, developer, builder and/or design team of commercial, mixed-use, multi-family, and single family properties.
Green Building Consulting and its affiliates were founded in 2000 by Barb Yankie. A regional pioneer in the green and energy efficiency certification services field, GBC is headquartered in downtown Cincinnati, Ohio and provides solutions to its clients in more than 10 states spanning from St. Louis to the East Coast. Our Services include consulting, certification, design support, energy code support, energy modeling, resource efficiency cost analysis and green incentive analysis/design/award support. The GBC team includes real estate development, construction, design and building science professionals with the following credentials:
Credentials & Certifications:
- USGBC Faculty
- LEED® Faculty
- RESNET Accredited Rating Provider (Residential Energy Services Network)
- RESNET Certified HERS Rater (Home Energy Rating System)
- RESNET Green Rater
- RESNET QAD (Quality Assurance Designee)
- RESNET Trainer
- LEED for Homes Provider (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design)
- LEED for Homes Green Rater
- USGBC (US Green Building Council) LEED AP Homes
- USGBC LEED Faculty
- USGBC LEED for Homes QAD (Quality Assurance Designee)
- Passive House Consultant (CPHC)
- Passive House Rater (PHIUS+ Rater)
- Enterprise Green Communities TA (Technical Assistance) Provider
- NAHB (National Association of Home Builders) Green Verifier
- EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) ENERGY STAR Certifier
- EPA Indoor AirPlus Verifier
- EPA WaterSense Verifier
- BPI Building Analyst
- DOE (Department of Energy) Challenge Home Verifier
- ASNT Certified NDT Level II T/IR Thermographer
- Ohio Licensed Real Estate Agent
- EPA ENERGY STAR for Homes Leadership In Housing Award (2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013)
- USGBC – Cincinnati Chapter 2014 Green Person Of The Year Award (Barb Yankie)
- NAHB Judge for Builder of the Year & Energy Value Housing Awards
Boards & Committees:
- RESNET National Board Member
- RESNET Infrared Scanning Standard Task Force
- RESNET Strategic Positioning Task Force
- RESNET Infrared Standard Drafting Committee
- RESNET Green Rater Certification Task Force.
- USGBC Cincinnati Chapter Board Member
- USGBC Cincinnati Chapter Residential Green Building Committee Chairperson
- USGBC Cincinnati Chapter Advocacy Committee Member
- USGBC National Chapter Liaison – Green The MLS
- USGBC National Chapter Liaison – Value Healthy and Efficient Affordable Housing
- USGBC Member – National & Local
- Passive House Alliance KY Board Member
- BPI (Building Performance Institute) Technical Advisory Committee
- ACI Core Conference Committee Member (Affordable Comfort Institute)
- National Association of Home Builders Member
- Cincinnati Home Builders Association Member
- Green Umbrella – Energy Efficiency Action Team Member
- Green Umbrella – Subcommittee Co-Chair – Green The MLS
- Green Umbrella – Subcommittee Member – Multi-Family Building Energy Efficiency Initiative
- Efficiency First Cincinnati Chapter Board Member
- Sustainability Partnership of Cincinnati – Partner
Green Zone Home started as a one-person department in an Austin closet-office of a professional engineering company in 2001, Green Zone Home provided energy code consultation and ENERGY STAR® ratings for builders. Today, Green Zone Home has grown to become its own entity, with offices in Austin and San Antonio, and a staff of a dozen personnel. In addition to proudly serving the residents of the Austin and San Antonio areas, Green Zone Home also has affiliates who can offer some of our services in the Houston regions, as well. Since its inception, Green Zone Home has now expanded its services to include a wide array of green consultation services, programs, and plans that not only benefit builders, but also individuals and homeowners, and real estate professionals, as well.
MaGrann Associates is a sustainability-focused consulting and engineering firm headquartered in Mount Laurel, New Jersey with additional offices in Pennsylvania, New York, Kentucky, Ohio and Hawaii. Since 1982, MaGrann has partnered with clients to deliver exceptional performance in customized systems design, program management, energy rating, code compliance and green building certification.
The company’s mission is to help make buildings more energy efficient, comfortable, durable, healthy and affordable through the practical application of building science principles and programmatic standards. From New York to Virginia, it works closely with builders, developers, architects, engineers, contractors, building owners and homeowners to incorporate energy and resource efficient building practices into every aspect of their projects.
MaGrann Associates’ team of building science professionals includes licensed professional engineers; degreed mechanical, electrical and architectural engineers; CAD technicians, certified Home Energy Rating System (HERS) raters, NGBS Green Raters, LEED and sustainable design professionals, certified energy auditors, certified energy managers and commissioning agents, quality assurance experts, marketing consultants and administrative support personnel.
MaGrann Associates is a HERS rating company and an accredited RESNET, LEED for Homes, LEED for Homes Midrise, ENERGY STAR Homes and ENERGY STAR Multifamily High Rise provider. With more than 60,000 HERS ratings, 55,000 ENERGY STAR certified homes and almost 4,000 LEED for Homes under its belt, the company is one of the most experienced energy rating companies in the country. In addition, through its program design, verification and administration services, MaGrann Associates has been responsible for energy upgrades in more than 100,000 new and existing homes and buildings to date.
Services offered by MaGrann Associates include:
- Full mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection design for high-performance multifamily residential, mixed-use, retail and office buildings
- HERS and ENERGY STAR certified homes support, including plan review, energy modeling, verification and certification for site-built and modular homes
- USGBC LEED for Homes and LEED for Homes Midrise provider services
- USGBC LEED BD+C and CI consulting
- Turnkey services for energy retrofit of existing multifamily mid- and high-rise and commercial buildings, including investment grade audits, engineering and bid documents, construction administration, commissioning and financing
- Energy code support, including load calculations, performance testing and plan review
- Technical support and training services, including on-site diagnostics, quality control and commissioning
- Program design, implementation and administration for state and utility residential, multifamily and commercial programs
- USGBC Delaware Valley Green Building Council – Groundbreaker Award “Paseo Verde” (2014)
- USGBC Maryland Wintergreen Award – Excellence in Green Building “1901 South Charles St.” (2013)
- METRO Awards of Excellence “Best Company Logo” (2013)
- EPA ENERGY STAR New Homes Leadership in Housing Award (2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008)
- Smart CXO Awards – Executive Management Team (2011)
- MAME Sales & Marketing Council of the Builders League of South Jersey Award Winner “Best Website for an Associate Member” (2008)
- Builders League of South Jersey Special Recognition Award to Mark MaGrann for Service as Chairman of The Green Building Committee of the BLSJ (2008, 2007)
- Builders League of South Jersey – Mark MaGrann, Associate Hall of Fame (2008)
- New Jersey Builders Association – Mark MaGrann, Associate Hall of Fame (2008)
- EPA ENERGY STAR Labeled Homes Outstanding Achievement Award (2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002)
- EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year (2004)
- HBA Pinnacle Award – “Best Color Logo by an Associate” (2004)
- EPA ENERGY STAR New Homes Certificate of Recognition (2002)
- HBA Pinnacle Award “Best Associate Member Website Under $8,000” (2001)
- HBA Most Creative Print Ad by an Associate “Don’t Take a Chance” (2001)
- The Community Foundation of New Jersey – NJ Corporate Philanthropy award (1999)
- SAM Awards “Best Color Ad for an Associate Member” (1997)
Boards & Committees:
- RESNET Board of Directors and RESNET QA Committee
- Northeast HERS Alliance Board of Directors and Technical Committee
- PA Keystone Energy Efficiency Alliance
- USGBC Delaware Valley Green Building Council Residential Circle; LEED v4 Regionalization Committee
- USGBC-NJ Green Building Committee
- NJ Builders Association Energy Committee
- Building Industries Association of Philadelphia Green Committee
- EPA/RESNET Multifamily Working Group
SK Collaborative applies proven green building techniques to real-life situations. Whether you are a developer, builder, remodeler, contractor, architect, or a homeowner, we can help you implement cost-effective techniques that will make your project better and simply and easily meet the requirements of building certification programs. Through our range of services including consulting, design reviews and charrettes, training, and building certification under LEED for Homes, EarthCraft House, ENERGY STAR, the National Green Building Standard, and Enterprise Green Communities, we help you make your projects more efficient, healthy, and durable. We have over 1000 units of single and multifamily housing, both affordable and market rate, in process or certified under various green building programs.
Green home building and Green remodeling use building science techniques and materials to create homes that are healthy, clean, comfortable, efficient, and environmentally friendly. Green homes improve comfort and health by reducing allergies and asthma through excellent indoor air quality and eliminating mold and mildew. By controlling heat, moisture and air movement, and by using materials that are durable, healthier and sustainably produced, you are making common-sense, cost-effective, decisions that pay off for yourself and the environment for decades to come.
- GA Power EarthCents 2015 New Home Program Century Club and Lowest HERS Index (6)
- 2014 EarthCraft Renovation of the Year
- 2014 NARI Atlanta CoTY Award Historic Renovation and Green Renovation
- 2014 City of Decatur Historic Preservation Award
- Abe Kruger – 2013 Young Energy Professional of the Year
- Carl Seville – 2005 & 2007 NAHB Green Remodeling Advocate of the Year
- EarthCraft Leadership Award
- 2009 Energy Value Housing Award
- 2006 & 2008 NAHB Green Remodeling Project of the Year
Southern Energy Management
Southern Energy Management (SEM) is a leading sustainable energy company in the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic regions, providing high-performance building energy efficiency consulting and testing, as well as renewable energy solutions for both residential and commercial markets. As a company, SEM works to improve the way people make and use energy by providing intelligent, holistic, effective products and services that save energy, money and natural resources.
SEM’s full-time team members include LEED accredited professionals, licensed electricians and plumbers, licensed general contractors, nationally recognized building scientists, certified solar technicians, certified home energy raters and green building service providers.
SEM is one of the first B-Corporations in North Carolina and the first sustainable energy company to certify itself as a B-Corporation. As a B-Corporation, SEM is verified by a third party to be a triple bottom line company. The triple bottom line approach is a sustainable business philosophy that takes into account people and planet alongside profit. Certified B-Corporations meet rigorous, independent standards and are evaluated on both social and environmental performance.
- 2012 National EPA ENERGY STAR Sustained Partner in Excellence
- 2011 NAHB Research Center Green Partner award
- 2011 Raleigh Environmental Stewardship award
- 2010 National Green Jobs award
- 2010 SEM becomes a CARBON NEUTRAL company
- 2009 City of Raleigh Environmental Market Transformation award
- 2008 Triple Bottom Line Award finalist by Sustainable North Carolina
- 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 EPA National ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year award
- 2006 NC Sustainable Energy Business of the Year
- 2005, 2006 National ENERGY STAR Outstanding Achievement award
Boards & Committees:
- Amicus Board
- Exploris School Board
- Green Builder Coalition Board
- North Carolina Sustainable Energy Association Board
- North Carolina League of Conservation Board
- North Carolina State University Solar Instruction
Sustainable Energy Analytics, LLC
(information coming soon)